Sunday, July 4, 2010

A First: Saturday at the Market


Last Saturday I took the bows to the Farmer's Market.  Last summer I made it to the market a few times on Wednesdays but was never brave enough to go on Saturday.  That's all changed now friends!

There's my gold van in the vendor's line up.  To get this spot in line I arrived at 4:40 AM...that's right, 4:40!!!  There are a lot of people in line in front of me, probably about 30.  They line up because they are taken on a first come first serve basis and once it's full they turn vendors away.   I was really glad to get a spot after getting up so early and waiting in my van for nearly 3 hours!

My little stand has a few upgrades from last year.  The set up worked out pretty well:)

Here is a photo of one of my new raw silk flowers!  I took this one right before this cute customer stuck it in her hair.  It looked so pretty walking away with her:)  I have a lot more of these flowers available and many more colors to make.  I am so excited!  It was time to do something different that nobody else was doing and this is what my little brain came up with:)

Here is a photo of one of my teeny customers at the market.  Isn't she precious?  I took a few pics of kids with their pretties {with parent permission of course} and I am excited to have these cuties in the Facebook fan photo album!

Here are a few other happy market customers...








Talk about cute...I love my job!  Every little person that came to my stand was so sweet and I love meeting them all!  I am working on a poster to put on display at the Wednesday market with fan photos.  I had some people who had no clue what I was selling...someone asked me if they were wall decorations!  Ha ha!  I'm thinking a poster full of cutie pies will make it very clear what I am selling:)


This coming Wednesday July 7 is Kid's Day at the market!  Stop by.  I'd love to meet you and show you the goods:)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I didn't know you had to get there that early, glad you got in!

Unknown said...

That is nuts that you have to line up like that, I had no idea! You are a real trooper!